Welcome to ICON Dance Complex. We are a state of the art dance facility designed to fulfill a dancer’s hopes and dreams.
The family and faculty of ICON Dance Complex are dedicated to the love of dance and committed to cultivating the joy of learning in an educational and nurturing environment. We believe our love and passion for dance will continue to take us down a successful road that we hope to share with you and your families.
We are eager and ready to begin a new season.
Thank you for your interest and support,
The ICON Family
- Upon acceptance of registration, students are enrolled and financially responsible for the entire 10-month session from September through the end of June.
- Tuition is based on the entire season and broken up into 10 monthly payments for your convenience.
- If a pre-school dancer is not ready to participate in a class after several visits you will be released from your contract and no additional tuition will be charged to your account.
- The annual registration fee of $25 will be due at registration, this fee is non-transferable and non- refundable. The fee for each additional child is $15.
TUITION PAYMENT PLANS
- Plan 1: Payment in full at registration and you will receive a 10% discount.
- Plan 2: Monthly tuition is due on the 1st of the month. The first month’s payment is Non-Negotiable and Non-Refundable and will be due at registration.
- Costumes fees are included in your monthly tuition payment.
- Tuition will be considered late after the 10th day of each month. A $10 late fee will be added to the account after that date.
- Any student with an overdue balance of more than 60 days will not be allowed into class until payment in full is received or payment arrangements have been made.
- All financial obligations that are carried over for more than 90 days will be handed over to a collection agency.
- Cash – payment made at the front desk.
- Checks – please include the dances first and last name in the memo of your check so we may credit the proper account.
- Returned check fee is $25.
- Credit card -Visa or Mastercard
- Automatic payment – we will charge your credit card the first week of every month.
CLASS SCHEDULES AND LEVELS
- Class schedule is subject to change or may be cancelled based on enrollment.
- Students will be evaluated during the first two weeks of class and level changes may be made based on teacher evaluations.
- Parents must send an email or notify the front desk.
- If we are not notified before the 1st of the month you are responsible for the month’s tuition.
- Any student that chooses to withdraw from ICON after December 1st will be charged a $50 drop fee.
MISSED AND MAKE UP CLASSES
- No refund, credit or make-up classes will be given for dancers missing class due to vacations, holidays or inclement weather conditions which are beyond our control.
- Parents are responsible to notify ICON if their child misses two consecutive weeks of classes.
SNOW AND INCLEMENT WEATHER
- We will hold classes except under dangerous driving conditions. Unfortunately these situations are out of our control and we may need to close last minute for safety reasons.
- Studio closings will also be posted on our website, social media and when possible, you will receive an email.
- A detailed calendar is available on our website.
- Costumes are included in your monthly tuition.
- Dancers who are unlimited can receive up to 5 costumes included in their monthly tuition.
- Company and Team Specialty dances are not included in tuition and will require a separate fee.
- Parents are responsible to purchase required footwear to go with the costume.
- ICON is NOT responsible for alterations to a child’s costume or for minor defects caused by the costume company.
- Candid photos will be taken during the winter during class times.
- Class and individual pictures will be taken during dress rehearsal in June before the annual recital.
- Information regarding dates and times will be announced during the year.
- ICON’s Annual recital will be the end of June at Millstone Performing Arts Center. Dates TBA.
- ICON dancers may perform in one show or multiple shows which is not decided until later in the year.
- Siblings are not always in the same show.
- Anyone participating in the recital production must attend a mandatory dress rehearsal and tech rehearsal prior to the show.
- Students unable to attend mandatory rehearsals will not be permitted to participate in the recital. Staging and dress rehearsal is the final opportunity to make any last minute adjustment for the show. Our goal is to put on a professional performance displaying the hard work and effort of all the ICON dancers for their families and friends.
- Dancers participating in the recital must stay for the entire show. No dancers will be dismissed early, due to the safety of our dancers.
- Each dancer will receive a custom show plaque at the end of the season!
- All family members and guests will need a ticket for the recital including children over the age of 4.
- Recital tickets will be sold online in May. Date TBA.
- Seats are first come first serve.
- All tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
DANCER’S CODE OF CONDUCT
- Please read and follow the ICON Dress Code which can be found on our website.
- We understand that being late sometimes is unavoidable. A student who misses the beginning exercise runs the risk of injury by not being properly warmed up.
- For your safety there is no chewing gum in class.
- Cell phones and electronic devices (including smart watches) are not permitted in class or the dressing rooms.
- Water bottles only are permitted in the dance studios.
- Please support and respect your fellow students and instructors so ICON Dance Complex can continue to be a fun, friendly and family atmosphere.
- I will provide ICON with current telephone numbers, emails and emergency contact information
- I will view the ICON website, check emails, the studio bulletin board, my child’s dance bag and ask questions regarding ICON news and updates
- I will trust that the faculty and staff at ICON have my child’s best interest in mind when it comes to their dance education.
- I will take responsibility for all fees, tuition payments and deadlines throughout the year.
- I will respect the ICON facility as if it were my own home and I will not allow my child’s siblings to disrupt classes in session, staff working and/or vandalize the complex.
- I will alert ICON if there are any significant changes in my child’s health, or well being that may affect his/her ability to attend class or perform.
- I understand I am not permitted to interrupt teachers before, during, or after classes. Any issues should be brought to the front desk for an owner to address.
- ICON reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who does not comply with the above.
- Please respect the ICON brand on all forms of social media. Do not publish any content that would be damaging to the company, its employees, teachers, and students.
- It is not acceptable to use ICON branded logos without written permission from the ICON Staff.
- By enrolling in classes, I waive any liability against ICON Dance Complex on behalf of my child for any personal injury or loss of property while participating in any activity or any class offered by the school. In case of an emergency illness or injury in which I cannot be present or reached, I authorize ICON Dance Complex to seek the necessary medical attention for my child.
- I give permission for my child to be photographed or videotaped while dancing. I understand that the photographs and video will be used by ICON Dance Complex for the purpose of publicizing and promoting the studio’s programs and services and may be included on the studio’s website. Compensation will not be expected.
- I have read and understand the above handbook and I agree to abide by these policies while my child is enrolled in ICON Dance Complex.