ICON Dance Complex is committed to the Health & Safety guidelines presented by our local NJ government and CDC at all times. The safety of our ICON Staff and Dancers is our Top Priority.
All dancers are asked to bring only the essentials to class and follow all of the instructions below to ensure a safe, fun learning environment!
- Dancers that have been exposed to someone that has tested positive for Covid-19 may not attend in-person class (for 14 days from exposure or as directed by a physician).
- All Classes held in Zone 1, 2, 3 or 4 will arrive at the Main Entrance of the building. All classes will exit at the back of the building (behind McDonalds).
- Please arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before your scheduled class start time.
- A masked staff member will take your dancer’s temperature at the door and you will wait for clearance. Dancers that are 4 years old and up MUST be wearing a mask when exiting their car before being permitted to enter the building. Your dancer, already dressed for class with only their water bottle and dance shoes, will then be directed by a staff member to sanitize their hands at the entrance.
- ONLY STUDENTS will be allowed in the facility (with the exception of parents of 2 & 3 year olds). Please discuss this with your dancer before arriving at ICON so they are prepared to leave you at the door and do not get upset.
- Dancers will then go into their dance room where they will change into their dance shoes and remove mask. Mask will be optional upon dancers discretion.
- Please understand NJ State mandates can change at any time if Covid data increases making masks mandatory.
- Dancers will each have a large measured square in their dance room to ensure social distancing while learning together. Students will remain in their designated spot for the majority of class, as feasible.
- Hands-on corrections and partnering are not recommended at this time. Teachers will be providing auditory instruction and demonstration only.
- You will see that some areas are temporarily closed for our dancer’s safety. This includes dressing rooms, and water fountain.
- Should a dancer show signs of illness while at ICON, the parent will be notified immediately and the dancer will be removed from class and sent home.
- Your dancer will exit the room directed by the instructor and escorted to the back exit of the building. Every class will be let out 5-10 minutes early to allow sufficient time for safe pickup & room sanitizing for next class.
- Students should be picked up promptly (5-10 minutes earlier than the listed class end time.)
- ICON staff will be working diligently to sanitize all touch points between all classes. We have improved our sanitation methods based on COVID-19 requirements and will continue to do so to protect our dancers and families.
- Dancers will wait socially distanced at the pickup area with a staff member.
Possible Exposure Protocols:
- Parents must screen their child before attending class to ensure they have no signs of fever, cough, or shortness of breath. If they have shown any of these signs, they may not attend in-person class but may join virtually.
- If ICON becomes aware that anyone who has been in the building tests positive for Covid, we will close for 24-48 hours for thorough cleaning and disinfecting. All classes will be moved to Virtual.
- If anyone in your household tests positive for Covid-19, it’s your responsibility to please inform ICON immediately. Students & staff who were in contact with your dancer will be notified and all must stay home & attend class virtually for 14 days.
- If a staff member tests positive for Covid-19, ICON will close the building for 14 days. Students will continue their dance education virtually.
- *All protocols are subject to change*